If you are a Drupal 7 developer and want to make a way to develop your sites on Drupal 8 then there are many benefits of Drupal 8 over Drupal 7 which is listed below
Drupal 8 has brought a lot of changes over Drupal 7. The most important part in using drupal 8 is that it is built on Symfony framework. Many contributed modules has been added to core in drupal 8
Here are the list of Drupal 8 new features
- Views – In earlier version of drupal views was in contributed module but in drupal 8 it is in core Module.
- Mobile Friendly – Drupal 8 is mobile friendly. The default themes ( Bartik, Seven and Stark ) uses responsive design. Responsive design means that website can change the layout based on size and capabilities of the device.
- Object Oriented Programming – Drupal 8 uses Object oriented Programming concept which is based on Symfony framework used in drupal 8. This makes the code easy to maintain, scale and reuse.
- Template Change – In earlier version of Drupal the template files were using PHP Template as the default templating engine and the extension was .tpl.php but there are a major change in templating part. Drupal 8 uses Twig which is a template engine for PHP and it is also part of the Symfony 2 framework. So all the template file in drupal 8 is saved with .html.twig
- Multilingual – Drupal 8 also supports auto detection of languages and auto downloading latest interface translations.
- Inline Editor – If you want to edit the content in the body by clicking on the edit content option . You can easily edit the content of the page without going to the edit page.
- New Field types added –
- Email Field
- Telephone Field